How to Avoid Getting Ringworm in Wrestling
Practicing is by far the best way to improve, but ringworm can cause a pause in practicing leaving you behind your opponents. In order to prevent that there is a 3 step routine you should take every time you step off the mat to leave your skin clear!
- Wear long sleeves and pants– wearing long sleeves and pants gives less skin for ringworm to form on since ringworm often goes on skin that is not covered by clothing
- Avoid people with ringworm– if you can see ringworm or something that looks like ringworm on it’s best to avoid them until it goes away.
The first thing you should do when you step off of the mat is wipe your skin down with a wipe. This will remove some of the bacteria that causes ringworm. Be sure to wipe down your arms, legs, and any other parts of your body that was in contact with the mats. Defense wipes work really well.
Once you get home you should take a shower. Be sure to wash your body with a soap such as defense soap to take the rest of the bacteria from the mats off. Be sure to do this step within an hour of the end of practice.
Change your clothes after your shower and wash them before wearing them again!
- Girls in wrestling huge interviewAn Interview With Girl Wrestlers 50 states, 50 girls 2 questions 100 answers. The questions are: “What inspired you to wrestle?” and “What is your goal in wrestling?” Nova Scotia was also interviewed! Alabama Name: Niya Turner What inspired you to wrestle?: “My stepdad inspired me to wrestle.” What is your goal in wrestling?: “To … Read more
- Interview with 7 year old model and wrestlerInterview Bella Heaney: “What is your name?” Aurora Robins: “Aurora Robins” Heaney: “How old are you?” Robins: “7” Heaney: “Where are you from?” Robins: “St. Clair Missouri.” Heaney: “What club do you wrestle for?” Robins: “I have 2! The St. Clair Bulldogs Youth Wrestling Team, and Thoroughbred Wrestling Club.” Heaney: “What have you accomplished so … Read more
- Beating the Boys: My Journey as a Girl WrestlerBeating the Boys: My Journey as a Girl Wrestler by Rosey Hernandez As one of the wrestlers featured in Girls Pinning Boys: a History and Evolution of High School Wrestling, I am deeply humbled by the attention that the match has received and the impact that the lessons learned have had on other girl wrestlers. … Read more