How to Avoid Getting Ringworm in Wrestling
Practicing is by far the best way to improve, but ringworm can cause a pause in practicing leaving you behind your opponents. In order to prevent that there is a 3 step routine you should take every time you step off the mat to leave your skin clear!
- Wear long sleeves and pants– wearing long sleeves and pants gives less skin for ringworm to form on since ringworm often goes on skin that is not covered by clothing
- Avoid people with ringworm– if you can see ringworm or something that looks like ringworm on it’s best to avoid them until it goes away.
The first thing you should do when you step off of the mat is wipe your skin down with a wipe. This will remove some of the bacteria that causes ringworm. Be sure to wipe down your arms, legs, and any other parts of your body that was in contact with the mats. Defense wipes work really well.
Once you get home you should take a shower. Be sure to wash your body with a soap such as defense soap to take the rest of the bacteria from the mats off. Be sure to do this step within an hour of the end of practice.
Change your clothes after your shower and wash them before wearing them again!
- Interview with first ever female wrestling commit from MississippiInterview With Kayleigh Savage Bella Heaney: “What is your name?” Kayleigh Savage: “Kayleigh Savage.” Heaney: “How old are you?” Savage: “18.” Heaney: “Where are you from.” Savage: “Ocean Springs, Mississippi” Heaney: “How long have you been wrestling for?” Savage: “3 years!” Heaney: “What club do you wrestle for?” Savage: “St. Martin High School and Gulf …
- Why should you see a sports psychologist?What is a sports psychologist A sports psychologist is someone who helps you to achieve your full potential by assessing the mental component of the sport Why should you see a sports psychologist It is said that 90% of wrestling is mental so in order to get to your full potential it is important to …
- Why you should wrestle in the Alabama State GamesWhat are the Alabama State Games? The Alabama State Games are held every year and host a variety of different sports. The state games started in 1982 and Alabama’s state games started in 1983! Alabama’s is the second oldest just behind Massachusetts! 2023 was the 40th anniversary, there were more than 20 different sports at …